Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WIP (Work-In-Progress) Wednesday

My goal is to do a weekly post on Wednesday of what I am currently working on - to keep myself going and so you all see that these projects don't happen overnight.  :)

Since I've been told that we only have a few more weeks of summer, I decided I needed to make a fall table runner to go with the fall centerpiece I chose recently.  Luckily, this fabric-hoarder had some pumpkin fabric that I found last year on clearance and two other coordinating fabrics in fall colors, so the project has been coming together quickly without having to buy new supplies (so far).  See....


The strips are all 12 inches long and in varying widths - from about 6 inches to 3 inches.  The table runner is about 35 inches long.




I have a lot of yardage of the brown striped/flowered fabric.  I found it on clearance and couldn't resist it.  I think it goes really well for fall.

I modeled this table runner after the one I made for Valentine's Day (which may or may not happen to still be on my table).



As you can see, this one has stripes of all the same width and I sewed it wrong sides together with some ric rac on the two ends, and then turned it right side out - and then topstitched along the edge.



With my new fall runner I am planning to do some straight line quilting and put a binding on it in a light tan fabric.  I'll post a picture when it's on the table soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment