Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hello New Blog!

Since September is National Sewing month, I decided it was a good time to start the blog I've been thinking about for quite a while.

Over the past year I've been inspired by so many other sewers and bloggers and have been re-learning how to sew and learning lots of new sewing methods.  I've even begun quilting - which is a new and exciting love of mine!

The first quilt that I was inspired to make came from a tutorial by Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson! 

The tutorial is available here.  It was a great beginner quilt pattern.  This was a Christmas present for our niece in 2009.  Since it was only the second quilt I ever made - and the first one I actually quilted (my first official quilt I sewed in college and it was tied with yarn) - I was really happy with how it came out.  I did some simple straight line quilting with my walking foot - I would have loved to free-motion quilt it but was still at the practicing stage then.  Of course there were mishaps during the sewing process - like cutting the backing fabric the wrong width and having to run to the store to buy more backing - but that's part of the fun, right??


I think our niece liked the quilt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment