Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mom's Quilt

I realized that I have not yet shared the quilt I/we made for my mom this past year...

My sister and her husband lived in NY last year and we decided to do our own type of quilting bee.  We chose a pattern (wonky windmill) and fabric (Hunky Dory by Chez Moi for Moda) together over phone and email and then each made about half of the blocks for the quilt. 


I mailed my blocks to Ruth who then sewed the quilt top together while I pieced together a back for the quilt.  Then she mailed me the quilt top and I basted and quilted the quilt! 




It was a fun team experience!  And now our mom has a quilt made by both of us!



Of course, while quilting this one I did have some adventures.  I sewed right into a safety pin from my basting and broke a needle!  (Better a safety pin than a finger though!)  So needless to say, I am quite careful about sewing too close to pins now!



No comments:

Post a Comment