I finally got brave and tried the free motion "drawing" that I've been seeing around the blog scene for quite a while. I think it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! :)
I have some plans for these little guys and have the green birdie already started into his project - see...
This little birdie patchwork is going to be made into a zippered pouch like this one...
I think this pouch would be great for putting cosmetics into for a trip or carrying small craft projects or all sorts of things. I was very excited to make this one and can't wait to make some more!
Speaking of small craft projects, I've also been working on these ornaments - some stars and turtledoves. I wanted a project that I could take along to work and these will be good for that.
Another completed project for the craft fair is here too...and there will be additional versions of this guy to come too!
To "fancy-up" the pocket, I put some bias tape along the edge. I think it makes the back look more finished.
I also finished the quilt top for another quilt - again using the little owl print, but using what I call "sherbet" colors instead of the colors in the first quilt top.
And one final finished project is a birthday shirt for my godson who turns 4 in a week! (Since he's only 4 and not surfing the web, I think it's ok to post the picture of his gift before he opens it.)